- Name: Secure Eraser 6.000
- File Size: 6.56MB
- Date: 8 Mar 2022
- License: Freeware (for private use, see note)
- Operating System: Windows XP/2000/Vista/7/8/10/11/Servers 2003/2005/2012/2016/2019
- Hardware Requirements: not provided
- Other Requirements: n/a
- Language support: see ASCOMP for info
- Notes: Runs on both 32 and 64-bit Windows. Professional version availble ($29.90)
Developer's Description: Because it's been deleted from your hard drive, doesn't mean it's gone forever. As long as the information was not overwritten, anyone can restore it at any time. It gets even more complicated, if a computer has been resold or given away.
Secure Eraser uses the most renowned method of data disposal and overwrites sensitive information in such a sure way that it can never be retrieved - even with specialized software. Our multiple award-winning solutions for definitively destroying data also eliminate any cross-references that could leave traces of deleted files in the allocation table of your hard drive.
This easy-to-use Windows software will overwrite sensitive data even up to 35 times - regardless of whether they are files, folders, drives, recycle bin or traces of surfing. You can also delete files that have already been deleted, but this time for good.
Secure Eraser not only overwrites using random data, it offers the approved US Dod 5220.22-ME and U.S. DoD 5220.22-MECE standards from the US Department of Defense, the German industrial standard and the Peter Gutmann standard. All deletions are logged in details upon request.
- Changes in this release:
- Delete deletion report
- Optimized deletion behavior
- Icons in files list
- Performance counter optimized
- GUI improved
- Windows 11 support extended
More info-ASCOMP Software GmbH